SABIT'S TIME

FIFA.com - Latest News

Sabit's Latest sports news

ESPNsoccernet

Telegraph Football

Thursday, October 9, 2008

FROM THE OFFICIAL MANCHESTER UNITED WEBSITE

FANS ASK RIO FERDINAND QUESTIONS
FAN;I’d like to know how you managed to succeed in becoming a professional footballer and what inspired you to play football. (Zach, Malta)
RIO;My inspiration to play football was probably Diego Maradona. He’s the first memory I have of someone doing something really great. I remember in the 1986 World Cup he took on the whole England team and scored. Obviously I wasn’t happy that he scored against England but you had to admire the skill and say, ‘I’d love to be able to do that one day’. I tried my hardest but never really reached that level and obviously I’m a defender now. I think you just have to work hard and always be confident, strive towards your dreams.
FAN;If you hadn’t made it as a professional footballer, what type of job do you think you’d be doing now? (Stephen, Sale)
RIO;I’d probably be working in the communities in Peckham, where I grew up. I think I’d be helping out in the youth centres or doing football coaching with kids. I love to see you celebrating your own goals,
FAN;but what do you say to your team-mates when they score? (Lee, Gateshead)
RIO;I can’t really say because there are normally swear words involved! Usually it’s along the lines of ‘Well done’.
FAN;Can you describe what’s it like to walk out to a packed Old Trafford before a big match? (Mark)
RIO;It’s the best feeling. When I first signed for United, the first thing I remember doing when I got into the change room was that i wanted to do my best for my club.
FAN;who is your best plaeyer in the world today?(sabit,ghana)
RIO;well,i think,every body knows that currently,there is no player like Ronaldo and im very sure that he will surely win the world player of the year.

Source:www.manutd.com

No comments: