SABIT'S TIME

FIFA.com - Latest News

Sabit's Latest sports news

ESPNsoccernet

Telegraph Football

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Brazil set to win 6th world cup

Brazil are considered by many to be
the favourites for the 2010 World Cup
and experienced midfielder Gilberto
Silva has acknowledged that the
Selecao are going to South Africa to
win the tournament.
"We are not here to have a good
time. Our message is we want to be
champions. If I told you we shall be
champions then I'll need a crystal
ball," the former Arsenal star was
quoted as saying by reporters.
"I cannot say that, but since we
started working three and a half
years ago to get here that's what we
have been working towards. We want
to get to the final and win it once we
get there.
"I have the potential to make a big
contribution. The issue of my age at
one stage annoyed me, but now it
has been a source of inspiration. You
can be sure of my motivation. I owe
that to myself after all the criticism of
which I have been the object of."
Brazil are paired with Cote d'Ivoire,
North Korea and Portugal in the
group phase of the World Cup.

No comments: